Several areas of the syllabus require additional explanation or attention. Working in class on Tuesday 23 Aug, you will form group according to the zodiac sign under which you were born.
Then, log in to Critiz, create your zodiac groups. Take a group selfie and have each person in your group tweet out the selfie using #cee300 and your zodiac sign. Then, post links to your selfie tweets on your group assignment page in Critiz.
This assignment serves the teamwork and communication class objectives. It porvides you with practices using the communication and collbaoration platforms of the class. Regardless of group size, 20 class participation assignment points will be awarded for completion.
Finally, complete the syllabus quiz on critviz. Each member of your zodiac group must enter their own answers. However, you are expected to discuss the quiz questions as a group to ensure you all arrive at the correct answers and understanding of the syllabus..
Your final quiz question is an essay question, according to your zodiac sign. These are the questions you will respond to:
1. Aries. Experience points (XP). How do students get these points and how do they impact grading?
2. Taurus. Peer assessment. What is CritViz and how does it work? Who gets graded on what?
3. Gemini. Cloud-based collaboration: What is Box.net and how can we use it to our advantage? How does it compare to Dropbox, Google+?
4. Cancer. Online participation. What are the expectations? How is the class doing so far?
5. Leo. Digital presentations. What is livestream and how does it work with YouTube?
6. Virgo. ABET accreditation. What are engineering the accreditation learning outcomes for this course and how do they fit into other ABET learning outcomes?
7. Libra. Contracts. What are they and how do they fit into the course?
8. Scorpio. Technical reports. What are they? How will they work?
9. Sagittarius. Fundamentals of Engineering Exam: What is it and what importance does it have?
10. Capricorn. Personal & professional development: What learning activities align with these objectives?
11. Aquarius. Academic integrity. How are the expectations in CEE300 different from other classes?
12. Pisces. Explain the dress code for this course and how it is enforced?